The deadline for entries into our DiscoveryBeat Apps Contest is end of day today. With this competition, we’re trying to unearth some of the most interesting unknown apps.
It’s all part of our DiscoveryBeat event to be held on Dec. 8 at the Automattic Lounge on Pier 38 in San Francisco. The DiscoveryBeat Apps Contest is being sponsored by Flurry, which recently launched its AppCircle app recommendation engine for the iPhone.
Getting apps discovered is no easy task when there are tens or even hundreds of thousands of competing apps on a social networking or mobile platform. So the event is all about app discovery in an age of noise — how to get social, mobile and gaming apps noticed and take them to the top.
The winner will get a company profile on the VentureBeat site and two free tickets ($300 value) to DiscoveryBeat. In addition, if you nominate an app but are not from the company itself, your name will automatically be entered in a drawing for one free ticket to be announced on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
The winner and four runner-ups will be eligible for these prizes from Flurry.*
1. Free promotional credit of $500 for AppCircle which will cross-promote the winning developer(s) application across Flurry’s network of participating AppCircle developers. Participation in AppCircle guarantees additional downloads.
2. Free three-month trial of Flurry Analytics Pro, which provides application developers additional, powerful insight to improve their in-application marketing, including:
Free-to-Paid App Conversion Tracking: tracks how many downloaded free applications are converted to the premium version from within the application.
App Cross-Sell Conversion Tracking: tracks how many downloads of other applications offered by the developer are converted to additional downloads from within the application.
App Cross-Usage Tracking: tracks and reports which applications within a developer’s portfolio are used in combination across the developer’s user base.
*Note that to redeem these prizes, developers need to use, or be willing to add, Flurry Analytics and Flurry AppCircle.
“Flurry is proud to support DiscoveryBeat, an event that addresses what our network of thousands of developers tell us is their No. 1 pain point in the App Store: Discovery,” said Peter Farago, vice president of marketing at Flurry. With only 100 applications in the featured or top 50 categories, over 99.9 percent of applications are not easily found by consumers. Flurry is working with developers to solve this problem in a collaborative, powerful way through its new service, AppCircle.”
Here are the rules for applicants:
1. Any company can submit an app. No more than one app recommendation per company.
2. Please don’t submit any apps that haven’t debuted yet (open betas are OK).
3. Submit by end of day on Monday, Nov. 30.
Click here to fill out the entry form to nominate an app that deserves to be discovered!
To buy tickets to the event, click here.